To Achieve Our Mission, We Will Act in Accordance With the Following Core Beliefs:
- That youth from disadvantaged circumstances should be the focus of our special attention.
- That we should make every effort to minimize barriers so that all youth can participate in our Clubs on an equal basis.
- That a competent and caring staff, working with committed volunteers, is our most essential resource.
- That having fun is an important component of youth development.
- That all youth should be taught and encouraged to serve their communities.
Leadership and Guidance in Behavior and Attitude
Boys & Girls Club programs build character through everyday leadership and guidance in behavior and attitude. Young people of all races, nationalities and creeds join together in positive and productive recreation, adventure, exploration and learning
Four key characteristics define the essence of a Boys & Girls Club. All are critical in exerting positive impact on the life of a child:
1. Dedicated Youth Facility
The Boys & Girls Club is a place – an actual neighborhood-based building – designed solely for youth programs and activities.
2. Open Throughout the Year
The Club is open every day, after school, during the long days of summer when school is not in session and on various weekends, when kids have free time and need positive, productive outlets.
3. Professional Staff
Every Club has full-time, trained youth development professionals, providing positive role models and mentors. Volunteers provide key supplementary support.
4. Available/Affordable to All Youth
Clubs reach out to kids who cannot afford, or may lack access to, other community programs. Dues are always low – Scholarships are Available. No child/family is ever turned away because of their inability to pay.
Boys and Girls Club Renovation - Conceptual Drawing
"It Just Takes One" ..... Will you be the one to make this dream a reality?